Join Our Team
Pantheon is hiring.
Pantheon Analytics is hiring for the role below. To apply, please click here and fill out the initial form. Then click here to upload your resume and cover letter or simply email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job: Analyst at Pantheon Analytics
Location: Anywhere. Pantheon is an all-remote company.
Start Date: Anytime in 2022 (can be pre- or post-election)
The Analyst will be reporting to one or both of the co-founders of Pantheon Analytics and will provide analytics and programming support. The Analyst will work closely with our team to find creative solutions for the data problems our clients bring to us. Our work runs the gamut from building data pipelines and running fundraising reports to designing election experiments and analyzing voter file data. As an Analyst at Pantheon Analytics, you will be in the thick of everything we do.
We strive to create a welcoming workplace that reflects the progressive movement’s values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our team is small, but we are determined to be proactive in ensuring racial and gender diversity as we grow. Equal employment matters to us, not just as progressives but as data scientists specifically. At Pantheon, we are constantly working with databases of voters, activists, and donors — diverse populations where understanding the cultural and political context is vital. Our work is stronger when it is the product of different perspectives and backgrounds. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply for this role.
We are looking for someone who is smart and has some of the skills below, but we are flexible and willing to mold the position to fit your strong suits. We encourage you to apply even if you only meet some of the “requirements”.
On some projects the Analyst will serve as a supporting team member, giving you an opportunity to learn from our team and grow your analytics skills in new directions. On other projects you will serve as a lead, letting you flex your creative analytical skills and independent work ethic.
Whether through coursework, trainings, or job experience, Analyst candidates should have some background in programming, data science, statistics, or a related field.
As an Analyst, you may:
- Take on independent data analysis and/or programming projects, depending on skill set
- Run weekly data reports for ongoing client projects
- Analyze the results of election-related experiments
- Compile datasets from voter files, Census data, and other data sources
- Write and/or edit data-focused reports and newsletters
- Join team on client calls and presentations
- Create automated scripts to perform a variety of needed tasks (e.g. data syncs, client facing reports, API integrations, etc)
- Other work as assigned
- Experience with relational databases (SQL experience preferred)
- Experience with scripting or software development languages – Python experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of advanced Excel capabilities (such as the ability to create pivot tables, write complex formulas, etc)
- General knowledge of statistics and analytical reasoning
- A passion for progressive politics
- Self motivated & strong remote-team communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time-management, oral and written communications skills
- Ability to explain the products of your data work to people without a background in data
The following skills are helpful to have, but are not required. If you have any of these skills, please be sure to note them in your cover letter and/or resume:
- Proficiency with Python analytics libraries such as NumPy and Pandas or in the R statistical programming language, Stata/SPSS.
- Knowledge of A/B testing or experimental design
- Experience with voter file data, including VAN data
About Pantheon Analytics: At Pantheon, we are progessive data nerds who strive to find creative solutions to a variety of problems. Our clients rely on us as an on-call data team, ready to answer questions through rigorous analysis and data engineering. Our small team works primarily with organizations in Democratic politics and the wider progressive sphere. We run experiments, create data pipelines, design surveys, analyze voter files, build models, and program automated reports.
Salary: $60,000 per year; end-of-year bonuses available after first year
Benefits: Reimbursements for health insurance premiums up to federal individual QSEHRA limit ($454.17/month); SIMPLE IRA retirement fund (Pantheon will match up to 3% of Analyst’s salary); $500/year home office budget, 15 paid vacation days per year; unlimited sick leave; opportunity to earn commissions on new client contracts; paid travel for team retreats.
We are accepting applications through September 30, 2022 and will contact applicants for first-round interviews on a rolling basis. Applications submitted after September 30 may still be considered for additional roles as they become available.